After experiencing difficulties with his computer, a poor, incognizant user called the system maker's technical support line for assistance...
Technician: Hello. How can I help you today?
Customer: There's smoke coming from the power supply on my computer...
Technician: Looks like you need a new power supply...
Customer: No, I don't! I just need to change the startup files...
Technician: Sir, what you described is a faulty power supply. You need to replace it...
Customer: No way! Someone told me that I just had to change the system startup files to fix the problem! All I need is for you to tell me the right command...
For the next ten minutes, in spite of the technician's efforts to explain the problem and its solution, the customer adamantly insisted that he was right. So, in frustration, the technician responded...
Technician: I'm sorry. We don't normally tell our customers this, but there's an undocumented DOS command that will fix the problem...
Customer: I knew it!
Technician: Just add the line 'LOAD NOSMOKE.EXE' at the end of the CONFIG.SYS file and everything should work fine. Let me know how it goes...
About ten minutes later, the technician received a call back from the customer...
Customer: It didn't work. The power supply is still smoking...
Technician: Well, what version of DOS are you using?
Customer: MS-DOS 6.22...
Technician: Well, that's your problem. That version of DOS doesn't include NOSMOKE. You'll need to contact Microsoft and ask them for a patch. Let me know how it all works out...
When nearly an hour had passed, the phone rang again...
Customer: I need a new power supply...
Technician: How did you come to that conclusion?
Customer: Well, I called Microsoft and told the technician what you said, and he started asking me questions about the make of the power supply...
Technician: What did he tell you?
Customer: He said my power supply isn't compatible with NOSMOKE...
-
The Winner is always part of the answer; The Loser is always part of the problem. The Winner is always has a program; The Loser always has a...
-
President George Bush is visiting an elementary school today and he visits one of the classes (4th grade). They are in the middle of a discu...
-
Ada 3 ekor buaya yg berbeda warna, yaitu biru, merah dan kuning. Yg jadi pertanyaan: Bagaimanakah cara membunuh buaya biru? Ditembak aja, en...
-
Guru: “Anak-anak, Latihan soal Matematika yaa…” Murid: “Iya buu…” Guru: “Jika tante kalian memberi 2 permen kepada kamu, kemudian dikasih ...
-
Waktu Harmoko muda dan cari pekerjaan ke Jakarta, ia mengikut tes untuk jadi wartawan "Merdeka". Ia dipanggil masuk kedalam, orang...
-
Suatu ketika di sebuah penerbangan Jakarta – LA, ada seorang ahli komputer dan insinyur yang duduk bersebelahan. Karena penerbangan yang ...
-
Suatu hari dua orang sahabat yang sudah lama tidak bertemu bermain tebak-tebakan disebuah stasiun radio perdamaian. Uya : "Ron, coba te...
-
Titanic is a 1997 American romantic drama film directed, written, co-produced and co-edited by James Cameron about the sinking of the RMS T...
-
An angry client went back to the automobile garage where he'd purchased an expensive battery for his car six months earlier. "Lis...
Recent Posts
Popular Posts
New Power Supply
|
Label:
Humor,
Technology
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 komentar:
Post a Comment